DHFA accepts part-time interns throughout the year.
All internships are unpaid, at least for the initial 3-month "training period".
To apply for an internship, submit your resume via email to email@example.com with the words "Internship Request" in the subject line.
Additionally, answer the following questions in a few sentences.
- Why are you interested in the particular internship position?
- Why do you feel you are qualified for the position?
- What do you hope to learn from the internship?
- What are your career goals?
- What are your preferred internship start & end dates as well as your weekly work schedule?
- Describe your current investment style, if any
Portfolio Analyst Intern
- Assist the investment staff in all aspects of client portfolio management
- Conduct portfolio analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis to determine portfolio exposure and performance attribution
- Analyze closed positions and conduct post-mortem reviews on the investments
Equity Analyst Intern
- Provide support to the investment staff in the development of investment research and due diligence materials for prospective investments
- Review public company filings, earnings call transcripts, and other presentations produced by the target company
- Research and evaluate current and prospective equity investment ideas
- Develop recommendations for new investments
- Assist the investment staff in updating and producing marketing materials for prospective clients
- Post content from the investment staff to various social media sites
- Assist with ongoing radio, TV and print advertising campaigns
Interns, particularly Equity Analyst interns, will be taken through an educational program that explains our firm's investing principles. The following books are the core reading materials and will be used for "homework":
- One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch
- The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing by Pat Dorsey
- Buffettology by Mary Buffett
- Competition Demystified by Bruce Greenwald
- Common Stocks & Uncommon Profits by Phil Fisher
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Unconventional Success by David Swensen
Interns will also be trained to use the following industry-standard tools, Bloomberg Professional and FactSet.